Compounding medications is the pharmacy practice of combining pure chemicals to create one-of-a-kind medications specific to doctor-prescribed dosages and formulations. Staff members at Catoosa Family Pharmacy have extensive training to mix, prepare and package customized medications to assist with a variety of special needs.
Compounding allows us to create custom medications specifically for you. Examples include dye-free, preservative-free, alcohol-free, and/or sugar-free forms of medications.
Our pharmacists may compound prescription medications to:
- Provide unique formulations for pain relief or hormone replacement
- Change the dosage form to one that's easier to take. For example, we can create a liquid suspension for a child who has trouble swallowing capsules or tablets
- Create patient-specific dosages to accommodate special dosage needs or match a particular patient's weight and size
- Develop allergy-free formulations, change or remove inactive ingredients such as preservatives, dyes or lactose
- Work with veterinarians to compound medications for your pets
To learn more about our ability to customize your meds, contact us today at 918-739-4774.